Title: Large Rotatory Switch
Rotating Four Position Power Switch
This is an interesting large four position rotory switch.
It has a patent date marking on it of 17 November 1925.
The base appears to be made out of ceramic or other non-conducting materal as the wire connectors are dirrectly attached to the base material.
The knob appears to be made of the same materal and both are coated in shinny black baked on paint.
It has a spring loaded switch rotor so that after you turn the knob a bit, the switch will snap into the next position independant of the knob's actual position.
It looks like this was used for some sort of power device, or maybe switching light sources, however the electrical contacts are exposed near the knob, so that would make it rather dangerous to be having line power on the switch.
Or maybe it was burried inside equipment that would be turned off before it was accessable.
Could it have been made before safety issues became important with electrical stuff?
The device was found in the estate of a fellow who worked as an electrician at the Crown Zellerback paper mill in West Linn, Oregon,
so possibly it was used to control paper mill equipment. Although the TW Sullivan power plant (the oldest power plant on the west coast) is located in the
paper mill complex, so it may have come from the power plant.
We don't know. We have no idea what it was used for, but it is interesting.
This part is sold as is (no return).
Shipping and Handling Information